Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday

Is it Wednesday already?  That seems so strange to me!  We've been having the warmest weather and it's just beautiful.  The last 2 days the forecast has been for rain, but none has hit our home yet.

Today I think I'll share my list of things and leave it at that, so here it is

Five Good Things:


1.  Kal Tire - One of Nate's tires has been clicking for about a week... you know, the annoying "tick tick tick" you hear when you are driving, and you think to yourself, I'll just take the rock out when I stop... and you forget...  Well, today I borrowed his car, and thought to check for the "rock", when I saw it was a screw.  Kal Tire was only a couple of blocks away, so I popped in, and they popped out the screw in about 1/2 an hour, and away I went... No Charge!  (The benefits of buying all your tires at one place). 

2.  A good dog - Candle's American Eskimo, Piko (pronounced like "Pekoe", as in tea) was with me.  The car was too warm to leave him in, and I didn't have a leash or collar for him.  I tried to remind him of all his 4-H training, and walked him to where Candle was working (A & W) and treated him with a doggie bone and a bowl of ice cream.  He behaved himself quite well.

3.  I got a job!!! - About a week ago I had received a phone call, saying that the position I had applied for had been filled.  Yesterday I received another call, saying that that hadn't worked out, so it was being offered to me.  It's only for about 1/2 an hour to 1 hour of work a week (anytime on the weekends) and I'll get paid for a 3 hour shift.  Not much, but the extra $$ is going to allow me to treat Tim to some regular woodworking money...  I don't have anything else that we are in dire need of, and winters are long here, so having something for him to be able to do is very important!

4.  Tim - What can I say?  Yesterday he surprised me with finishing the screen inserts for our bedroom windows.  He even put up the baseboards and window moldings.  I am amazed how classy it looks in there!  Better than I imagined.  Pictures will follow sometime, but not till I've got everything the way I want it.  Thanks Tim!  I know it's not something you wanted to do, but wow!

5.  Healing - Over the past 10 months I have noticed how I am being touched by God's hands, healing me emotionally and it's affecting other areas in my life.  Many of you have stood for me in prayer, and I want to thank you all for any part you've had or are having in my healing.  I realize this will be ongoing, and that we are not guaranteed an easy life, but without friends who have held me up in prayer, I would not be where I am today. 

I want you to know that even though I may not know you're reading my entries into my blog,  God does!  I pray that He would use me to speak to someone else, through the things I've experienced, gone through, dealt with, am dealing with... I want to be used by God to help others, as He has helped me through others.  It's sort of like a Pay It Forward plan.

Be blessed today.  He wants you to be blessed!

Cheers,
D

5 comments:

Jane said...

Congratulations on the job! That's wonderful!

Laurel said...

The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.
Numbers 6:24-26 NKJV

bcsmithereens said...

Thanks Jane!

I could almost imagine you saying the words in your post today... thinking of you, and hoping you are satisfied with whatever you decide to do... just know that it's probably better for you to learn what you are now, than when you're my age... it's much tougher. Not that it isn't tough for you... it is! But going with flaky isn't such a bad thing to be!
D

Laurel,

Thanks for the verses you shared! Those words are precious.
D

martine said...

see also how your list of thankfuls are more than just a few words? they're now paragraphs....very cool!

bcsmithereens said...

What an observation Martine... and I thought I'd only write something short when I started it yesterday!