Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I'm not going to start off being thankful... does anyone else out there suffer from the fact that mosquitoes love their blood?  I have the most itchy bottoms of my feet than I can ever remember... and I'm the scratchy kind of person!  Now the bites are big and swollen, and my feet are burning.  I've even put an ice pack on them to relieve the itch, but all it does is make the ice melt!  Any advice? 

When I was 8 months pregnant with Candle (a LONG TIME AGO) we had a bad year for grass fleas... well, actually a Good Year for Grass Fleas... except it was a bad year for me.  My cousin was supposed to come from Alberta to help out with Nathan, but she took one look at my legs and decided to stay with my Aunt and Uncle in Surrey, rather than help me.  She was young, mind you, but she said to me, "I don't want my legs to look like yours!"  I use to want to wear flea collars on my ankles when we lived in that basement suite.  I literally would pull the covers off our bed in the middle of the night, and find those stupid things jumping around in our bed... not touching so much as a hair on Tim!

Now that you know my pain, I guess I still have things to be thankful for:

Five Good Things:

1.  Nate's soccer team won their game last night.  This is the 2nd year I haven't gone to any of his games, as he's in the adult league.  Tim still tries to go.  I want to, but really feel I need to give him some space of his own.  When he asks, I'll go watch and cheer with pleasure.

2.  Candle's taking her driver's test today.  I really know she is capable of doing well.  Here's hoping!

3.  We slept in our room last night!  Finally!  It was so cozy when I turned on the bedside lamp, all dark and clean... loved it.  Now if I can just get the blinds put up, it'll be even better.

4.  It's Gym Day!  I'm going... at 3 pm... to meet my friend H... with runners... and shorts... and I'm going to sit on one of those machines and work away... even if it's only for 15 minutes to start.  Have I ever told you how much I hate the "E" word?  (Excercise is Evil)

5.  Someone commented on my post yesterday:  "see also how your list of thankfuls are more than just a few words? they're now paragraphs....very cool!"... that is a good thing, isn't it?

How's your day turning out?  Anything special (or not) to share?  I'd love to hear from you.  Please remember that I do try to respond to every comment posted, so if you've left me a message, check back there the next day or so.

Enjoying the clouds today.  Oh, that's SIX!

Cheers,


D

No comments: