Is it Wednesday already? That seems so strange to me! We've been having the warmest weather and it's just beautiful. The last 2 days the forecast has been for rain, but none has hit our home yet.
Today I think I'll share my list of things and leave it at that, so here it is
Five Good Things:
1. Kal Tire - One of Nate's tires has been clicking for about a week... you know, the annoying "tick tick tick" you hear when you are driving, and you think to yourself, I'll just take the rock out when I stop... and you forget... Well, today I borrowed his car, and thought to check for the "rock", when I saw it was a screw. Kal Tire was only a couple of blocks away, so I popped in, and they popped out the screw in about 1/2 an hour, and away I went... No Charge! (The benefits of buying all your tires at one place).
2. A good dog - Candle's American Eskimo, Piko (pronounced like "Pekoe", as in tea) was with me. The car was too warm to leave him in, and I didn't have a leash or collar for him. I tried to remind him of all his 4-H training, and walked him to where Candle was working (A & W) and treated him with a doggie bone and a bowl of ice cream. He behaved himself quite well.
3. I got a job!!! - About a week ago I had received a phone call, saying that the position I had applied for had been filled. Yesterday I received another call, saying that that hadn't worked out, so it was being offered to me. It's only for about 1/2 an hour to 1 hour of work a week (anytime on the weekends) and I'll get paid for a 3 hour shift. Not much, but the extra $$ is going to allow me to treat Tim to some regular woodworking money... I don't have anything else that we are in dire need of, and winters are long here, so having something for him to be able to do is very important!
4. Tim - What can I say? Yesterday he surprised me with finishing the screen inserts for our bedroom windows. He even put up the baseboards and window moldings. I am amazed how classy it looks in there! Better than I imagined. Pictures will follow sometime, but not till I've got everything the way I want it. Thanks Tim! I know it's not something you wanted to do, but wow!
5. Healing - Over the past 10 months I have noticed how I am being touched by God's hands, healing me emotionally and it's affecting other areas in my life. Many of you have stood for me in prayer, and I want to thank you all for any part you've had or are having in my healing. I realize this will be ongoing, and that we are not guaranteed an easy life, but without friends who have held me up in prayer, I would not be where I am today.
I want you to know that even though I may not know you're reading my entries into my blog, God does! I pray that He would use me to speak to someone else, through the things I've experienced, gone through, dealt with, am dealing with... I want to be used by God to help others, as He has helped me through others. It's sort of like a Pay It Forward plan.
Be blessed today. He wants you to be blessed!