Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Tuesday's Treats

Yesterday I tried 2 (got that? - TWO) new recipes for dinner.  This is unusual for me, but they were both very good!  The first was an ovo-lacto vegetarian dish called Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers from Good (& Cheap) Eats, as I am really trying to incorporate some sort of way to help my daughter eat healthier.  Check the site out, it's very helpful!

The second recipe I made was Country Captain Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe from A Year of Slow Cooking.  I only found this recipe in the morning, so didn't use the slow cooker, but baked it in the oven instead.    I also recommend you check this site out as well!

If you try one or both of these out, please let me know what you think!

Yesterday in Smithers was pretty much a good day, for a duck.  I love rainy days though.  I don't think I even minded them when we lived in the Lower Mainland, except for the one year I took the kids out Trick-or-Treating (for their first time) and we were soaking wet... they didn't mind at all, 'cause it was so exciting to be going out, but we felt a bit like sponges.  I'm still not complaining about the rain, because it provides our horses with free sustenance.

Today I will be volunteering at our local BC Schizophrenia Society office, where I have been asked to rearrange the library.  Hopefully by the end of the morning I will have everything in place, ready for our monthly Family Support Group.  This has been a place of refuge for me over the past year-and-a-half.  They  serve individuals and their families who live with all kinds of mental illnesses and addictions.  It was one way I could "give back" to them for their work.  

And my 5 Good Things for today are:

1.  Good food
2.  Blogging (reading and writing)
3.  Volunteer Work
4.  Rain (can't seem to get enough of it here)
5.  A Smile

Enjoy your day!
Cheers
 D

No comments: