I can hardly believe it, but thanks to all of you who have checked this site out, I've had over 1,000 hits! To many of you, it probably means nothing, but to me it's pretty cool! THANK YOU ALL!
Today I am hopefully going to put on the 2nd coat of paint in our bedroom. I have never painted my own room before, so it's been a big deal for me. It's also taken FOREVER! From the first day we took out the mattress and put it on the living room floor till now has been almost 4 weeks. It's only 3 walls, for crying out loud! One excuse after another, and finally we got the ball rolling. After tomorrow, I still want to paint one of the walls a deeper colour (it's eggplant), as the first 2 coats are 1/2 tinted. Then I want to make wide stripes and put a clear shiny glaze on. I've done it in one of the kid's rooms and it was great. Ya, this is big for me, so bear with me.
Anyways, here's my Five Good Things list for today:
1. A can of paint (or two, or three)
2. My friend told me today that she got a job! I'm so very happy for her.
3. Tea with a friend - it's embarrassing, but true- we worked together 9 years ago, then she had a baby, and another one, and another one, and another one... and she came up for air and asked me over... NO, I could not have asked her and her 5 children over in my messy house with no room to turn around in !!! Thank you M, for having me over.
4. My Mama's in no pain! - Tomorrow will be 7 years since she died. It was actually June 13th (in England), but when Dad phoned to tell me she was gone it was still the 12th in Canada. I miss her, but am so glad she has no more pain.
5. My Sista! - I know that if she's read my #4 today, she'll be in tears... so I gotta tell her one more time- I LOVE YOU TRACY!
I've enjoyed reading the comments some of you are adding. I try to respond to each one, so please check back to see.
Have a terrific weekend!