Well, my socks were blown off yesterday (figuratively speaking, of course)! My daughter had forgotten to give me a phone message last week, which I found out about on Tuesday. Our family has again been blessed with more gift cards for food and gas! I was thinking about something this morning, which seemed to be related, but now that I want to write it, I don't know if it is... anyways, I'll try to explain.
When our children were small and learning to talk, Tim and I would often be found telling them to point to various things or parts of their bodies, such as a picture of a tree, dog, or their nose, mouth, and eyes (over, and over, and over). It wasn't that we didn't know where these things were, but that we wanted to teach them to know what they were and where they were.
God knows everything about my life. I mean EVERYTHING! Yet, He still wants me to communicate to Him if I am thankful, concerned, anxious, content. He even knows how things are going to work out in every situation. I am now at the point in my life where I can see He still wants me to make the effort to talk to Him. To ask Him for His help, guidance, peace... yes, even finances. It's my responsibility to do this. Up till now (yes, I am a very slow learner!) I have pretty much lived thinking that if He already knows, then I don't need to "talk it out" with Him... but I think I've missed out on really trusting Him in everything by being this way.
I know that my attention span in prayer (and in life in general) has much to be desired, but even in my little thoughts I can direct them to God, and be assured that He will hear me and answer me... with a Yes, No, or Wait.....
So, my Five Good Things for today are:
1. God's patience! - really, without that, I wouldn't have a chance.
2. Beautiful Sunshine - who can be grumpy with this weather?
3. Provision - we have gas and food provided! Whoohoo!
4. Laughter - there are so many times our family just laughs at the silliest things, but it is so healing and bonding for us all... bring on more laughter!
5. New acquaintances - I'm meeting more people with whom I am able to build a relationship with. It helps me to see who I am becoming (yes, I am changing... and it is good).
Are you going through a season of change in your life? What helps or hinders you during these times? I'd love to hear from you!