Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday's Treats

Well, it's been a long week, full of change, and unwellness too.  Things have been busy (at work... learning takes a lot of energy).   Adjusting to setting an alarm clock again also takes some getting use to.  I've been going to the gym faithfully though (began 3 times a week now) and have been regularly doing 20 - 35 minutes of the dreaded "E" word.  

Last week, about this time, Tim got a call to see if someone from camp could take her to Emergency, as she was coughing non-stop, and had been vomiting as well.  He said he'd go and pick her up, and then I took her to the hospital.  The Dr. wasn't able to pinpoint what was going on, but gave a prescription for medicine that did stop the cough, giving Candle her first experience of a hangover (without the alcohol).  She slept for about 12 hours, hung out at home on the bed, then slept another night, with hardly any coughing.  We were able to take her back to camp that day.

By this time, my work schedule had changed and I had 2 unexpected days off, which I was ready for.  Now, I'm not complaining about my job, but I can't for the life of me figure out how I worked full-time before, and did whatever else I did, because the first two 4 hour shifts had me dizzier than I've been since I got my first pair of progressive lenses.  I think I've done okay there, but since they are short-staffed I was thrown out to the wolves (which are very kind) and am pretty much on my own at the till now.  After the first 2 days I still only knew the code for bananas (4011).

Saturday came along, and I was called in to work early, putting in an 8 hour shift, rather than the scheduled 4 hour shift.  I made it through, but by the end of that night I was barking like only I can do. Oh, and by this time, I knew a total of 3 codes!  Good thing most of the produce has little stickies with the numbers on them!  My problem is with the progressive lenses again... the print is soooooooooooo small, and I have so much trouble adjusting distances.  

While at work on Saturday, my friend Renee, whom we get our hay from every year, came through my till.  We both looked at each other and knew it was meant to be that she was there.  I had been planning to give her a call, to find out when it would be ready.  She said it was ready, and that we should pick it up Sunday.

On Saturday I was also informed that this week will probably be doing more cashier stuff, but I will begin the training for the Cash Operator (still not sure if that's the "title"), with next week being evening shifts, and the following week being openings.  If you want to beg God for His Mercy on me, please let it be for that week, as I seem to be allergic to mornings as well.

Sunday morning rolls along and Tim informs me that he overdid some lifting the day before, and that he can barely move, as his back is out of whack.  I help look after 2 kids in Children's Church, then head home to get ready to load bales of hay.  Nathan was kind enough to do the driving and we both loaded 50 bales (square ones) onto the truck and into the hay covering.  This took about 2 hours per trip, and we had to make 3 trips.  

Needless to say, I have pretty much spent yesterday and today in bed, trying not to move or talk, so I can get to my shift today at 3:30.  Hopefully I don't scare away any customers.

Other than that, things are okay.  Tim's back is much better too.

How has your week been?  We've had beautiful sunny (and hot) days, as well as overcast and cooler days, a tad bit of rain, and a wind storm too.  Life is good.

Please remember to drop me a line.  I love hearing from you.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Oh yeah, here's my Five Good Things:

1.  Hay's all ready for the Fall.  Horses will be happy.
2.  Candle is feeling much better, and says that camp is going really well.  It's teen camp this week.
3.  I'm feeling better than I did last night.
4.  It's pay day!
5.  I know 3 codes!



martine said...

lol! interesting how things go from a standstill to absolute chaos! the longer you do it, the better you'll cope with it! -i hope! :) an allergy to mornings? lol that one made me crack up! have a great day!

Jane said...

Oh my goodness, you sound busy! I hope things calm down for you soon! I am also allergic to mornings.

bcsmithereens said...

Chaos is the word, Martine! I feel like I'm in a whirlwind, and it's only 4 stinkin' hours at a time (at work).

Jane, I'm glad that someone else in this world has similar allergies. The Drs. won't diagnose me, but I'm sure that's what I've got!