Monday, July 19, 2010

Memories on Mondays

We did it!  Tim and I took the plunge and drove to Prince Rupert on Saturday (which I slept for most of the way there), spent a couple of hours browsing the shops, having a nice dinner, and then heading home.  It was a good time to get away.  And again, for a port city that usually rains, we had beautiful weather again!

Yesterday we were invited to some friends' place for lunch.  It was so good.  We were treated with being able to pet and hold a young fawn that had been left at the side of the road a couple of weeks ago.  Our friends have been nurturing it back to health, and it was just so special to be so close to a deer.  Mostly it slept on their deck, but they said it often goes into the bush to rest too.

I'm getting healthier, finally.  When I head to bed at night, I still have bad coughing fits.  But this morning was a lot better.  The weather is still quite muggy here though, and being that I'm asthmatic, I tend to feel tight in my chest from that.

The horses have been giving me a run for my money, when I take them out to the larger field to eat, or when I bring them back to our yard.   They're getting sneaky, and I get so angry.  I'm not sure if we'll be able to keep the Arabian much longer, unless he gets gelded.  I love having them both, but when they are stronger than me and want to get their own way, I really don't like it.

I'm enjoying the last of my 3 day weekend.  Today I should be quite busy for the remainder of the day, as there are a few things I need to tend to.  Tomorrow evening starts a row of working 5 days straight.  I sure hope I won't have to do that often.  Just thinking of it tuckers me out.  Most of my shifts this week are 6:30 - 10:45 pm.  Should be interesting.

Well, I guess I've stalled enough for today, in doing what I need to accomplish.  I think I'll start with  putting a loaf of bread on in the bread maker.  Then at least it will smell like I've done something good all day.

Does your week look busy this week?  How are you planning on accomplishing all you need to do?  Do you have enough time left over for doing the things you want to do?  

Enjoy your week!

Cheers,
D

FIVE GOOD THINGS:

1.  Getting to cuddle with the fawn
2.  Wind on a sunny day
3.  Another day off
4.  A good day trip
5.  A loaf of homemade bread 

3 comments:

Jane said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better! This is my last slowish week before I will have five really busy weeks. However, I am very grateful to have work to do!

Laurel said...

I have a friend and a cousin visiting this week and that forced me to finish the cleaning job outside. So, busy, yes, but in a good way and for a good reason.

I learned many years ago not to care when people come visit.... they should be here to see me not my house.... but this time I just needed a little bit of motivation to get something done I wanted to do anyway. And for this and my family and friends, I am thankful!

(And for breadmakers! :) I'm trying a loaf of banana bread right now.... never done anything but yeast breads before. I'll let you know how it turns out.)

bcsmithereens said...

Jane, enjoy the slowness of the week. What's planned for the busier ones?

Laurel, laughing much with your visitors?

Aw poop, the breadmaker fell off the counter and busted, as I was making a loaf. Candle had bought it for us, so now I've got to search for another.